This “nice pear”, double-entendre brooch, is made to order. No two are ever quite the same, but the consistent factors will always be:
- it will consist of a small circular tin base approx 3.5cm wide
- it will hang from a bow brooch top: these may differ slightly in style, as each one is individual
- it will contain a glass pear bead circa 1930’s
- it will have a hand-embroidered leaf
- it will have a bright blue and white striped silk backing (at the moment these are coming from tiny Georgian quilt fragments, circa 1800’s)
- the words “nice pear” will be sculpted from wire above the pear
Approximate size: 3.5cm diameter.
Commissioning a piece of work is really exciting – it is a chance to have something made especially for you and an opportunity to really engage in the creative process.
Perhaps you need accessories to go with a particular outfit or a piece of furniture to fit a specific space in your home. We can work with you to design something truly unique. You’ll be able to discuss your ideas, likes and dislikes with the Maker and together create a piece of craft, handmade for you.
This is just a first step, so don't worry, there’ll be plenty of chances to discuss details before finalising a commission.